Staff Nurse (Orthopaedic/Spinal Ward)
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
The Orthopaedic ward is located in The Wellington South, a 21 bedded unit specialising in Ortho, Spinal and Neuro patients.
The position of Staff Nurse will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the orthopaedic Team. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the Team.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – this includes flexibility with regards to working hours.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts at £31,972 to £35,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working well within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurses in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level
- Managing patient caseload effectively, prioritising care effectively
- Initiating improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience
- Proven experience, preferably in Ortho or Spinal
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Phlebotomy training desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.