Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist (Qualified AHP or Nursing professional) to join our department based at our facility in St Johns Wood, NW8 9LE.
The Wellington Hospital has the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provides comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability (to patients aged 18 and over).
As a Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist you will provide a holistic assessment and advice service to internally and externally referred patients for admission to the Wellington Hospital Rehabilitation Centre.
- This is a full-time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/week
- Competitive & Attractive salary.
- Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, In-service training available, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertaking patient assessments taking into account consideration of medical and surgical status, nursing and therapy needs and funding resources available and making a best interest’s decision regarding admission.
- Formulate comprehensive and holistic multidisciplinary pre-admission reports for referrers, commissioners, insurance companies and patients.
- To ascertain and facilitate the patient’s discharge plan in a timely manner, ensuring patients, families and their carers are involved in the planning and delivery of their discharge.
- To provide clinical support to the Rehabilitation Administration Office in respect of dealing with clinical queries from prospective patients, carers, consultants or embassies.
- Support the marketing & PR activities for the Rehabilitation Centre. Working closely with the Rehabilitation Business Development Manager and the Quality and Accreditation Manager in promoting the unit and raising the profile, including the organisation of seminars and PR functions as well as attendance at relevant exhibitions and conferences.
- Develop relevant policies, guidelines and protocols in relation to the admissions pathway.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified AHP professional (HCPC Registration) or RGN.
- Post registration experience as a Senior Therapist or a senior Neuro Rehab Nurse.
- Experience in the field of general rehabilitation, including stroke and head injury rehabilitation with the ability to predict outcomes based on prognostic factors.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with consultants, patients, carers, team members and other agencies.
- Excellent planning, decision making and prioritisation skills with the ability to work under pressure and unsupervised.
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the cutting edge of private healthcare with world class specialists at the height of their careers.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!