Lead Theatre Practitioner
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.
The Lister theatres comprises of 4 theatres which undertakes a wide range of surgery covering General, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Gastroenterology, Urology, ENT and Plastics. IVF and fertility lists also run daily within the department.
For medical professionals who value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy with a real team spirit, The Lister Hospital Campus is the career destination of choice.
As a Lead Scrub Practitioner, you will ensure the safety and care of patients during their stay within the department. You will provide clinical leadership to all nursing staff in theatres and ensure high standards of care are maintained and co-ordinate the day to day running of the theatres, ensuring efficient use of resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Provide clinical advice on to staff and maintain an appropriate learning environment
- Co-ordinate staff and resources to meet departmental needs, within budget
- Promote good communications throughout the department and between other departments within the hospital
- Ordering and safekeeping of controlled drugs
- Co-ordinate the orientation of new staff, staff development and performance review
- Plan and facilitate in service education programmes
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1 – NMC Registration
- Registered O.D.P. (NVQ III / Dip. HE)
- Extensive demonstrable experience within Theatre.
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures