Join HCA Healthcare UK as we celebrate our 50th year of establishment, Outstanding CQC rated Hospitals, State of the Art Technology, Pioneering Treatments plans and complex range of patients cases. We can offer you an excellent learning environment amongst a wealth of Medical experts that can guide and develop your career.
We are recruiting for a Quality Matron to join our team!
The post holder is responsible for the leadership, development and co-ordination of clinical quality initiatives at HCA at UCH, influencing the development and delivery of service improvements and new service lines. Ultimately driving service and quality improvements, resulting in excellent patient experience. This includes analyzing patient satisfaction survey results and assessing these against service standards, producing and presenting update reports in relation to these.
This post will lead on the analysis and interpreting of data sets with Heads of Departments, developing and implementing appropriate responses to drive service improvements.
The post holder is also responsible for providing clinical leadership in the delivery of the clinical audit programme and implementation and maintenance of the Healthassure accreditation scheme to support the monitoring and measurement of continual quality improvement.
Full time 37.5
For a comprehensive job description please contact email@example.com
Duties & Responsibilities
- This role will lead monthly patient satisfaction meetings with Heads of Departments ensuring that the survey results are analyzed and interpreted; developing and implementing appropriate action plans to drive service improvements.
- To be responsible for the patient experience strategy, to meet business needs and facilitate departmental and corporate objectives. Disseminate the results of patient surveys and ongoing patient engagement to key staff by a variety of methods including formal and informal presentations up to executive level; supporting the development and delivery of action plans.
- Provide professional expertise, advice and support in relation to patient experience to the facility clinical teams, senior management and clinicians to ensure the delivery of excellence from a patient’s perspective.
- Provide progress reports for the implementation of action plans to senior management teams. These reports will be presented in the monthly governance meeting and quarterly clinical governance committee.
- Working with the COO, CNO and Head of Governance, ensure the development and delivery of all new service lines and/or improvements are risk assessed and have impact assessments completed taking into consideration user involvement and outcomes. Support the executive team with the completion of new service line and technical appraisal forms for submission to the MAC.
- Undertake analysis of information (qualitative, quantitative and statistical information) to inform and measure the effectiveness of projects and work streams.
- Oversee and direct relevant stakeholder engagement, identifying opportunities to work collaboratively with UCLH, patients and Consultants. Proactively seeking and building continuous and meaningful engagement with service users, particularly patients, to shape services and improve health.
- To support and champion staff engagement with employee opinion surveys, to drive engagement and enablement to be the employer of choice.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in relevant specialty or equivalent knowledge and 3 years relevant experience
- In depth knowledge and expertise of administrative practices and procedures, supported by a range of software and project management skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge of patient experience evidence based approaches and of managing patient experience initiatives, for example development of experience questionnaires, the administration and data collection in relation to these, subsequent analysis of results and action plans
- Experience of leading and delivering complex change and strategy development
- Experience of collaborative working (e.g. with clinicians in health care settings)
- Experience of data analysis in range of techniques for analysing large data sets and complex information
- Experience of working in accordance with the Data Protection Act, GDPR and an understanding of Caldicott principles
- Demonstrates commitment to and focus on quality, promotes high standards to consistently improve customer experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with proven experience of dealing with a wide and complex range of stakeholders and matters
- Ability to prioritise and plan work in a busy environment and work methodically, accurately and to strict timelines
- Ability to provide leadership and employ relevant managerial skills
- Proficient data, IT, administrative and organizational skills appropriate to the post
- Experience of presentations, report writing and publication
About The Individual