Team Leader (Surgical Wards)
Long established since 1987, Spire Bristol Hospital have been providing excellent care, expertise and knowledge in a safe, clean environment for over 25 years, offering the greatest range of high quality treatments, services and diagnostic facilities in the South West.
Facilities include 80 private en-suite rooms, 3 intensive care beds, 5 high dependency unit beds, 5 theatres, paediatrics department treating children aged 3 and over, on-site CT, X-ray and ultrasound scanning with secure links to NHS PACS, digital mammogram, 150 free car parking spaces and a convenient central location with excellent road and rail links.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Excellent work life balance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Life assurance, Private medical insurance, Wellness screening, Eyesight tests, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards). Spire Bristol Hospital also offers free parking and a subsidised staff canteen.
Duties and responsibilities
- Take charge of two wards, coordinating the duties and responsibilities of the staff and ensure that competences are fulfilled.
- Develop practice in the assessment of health and wellbeing needs.
- Develop and improve services and quality.
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
- Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members.
- Maintain and support the use of efficient use of physical and financial resources.
- Undertake Human resource activities for all members of the team.
Who we're looking for
Registered Nurse with current NMC Registration and Team Leader/ Management experience is essential.
A Teaching/Assessor qualification, surgical experience and clinical specialism in hips or knees is desirable.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years. A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork.
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.