Pre assessment Senior Staff Nurse (FTC)
6 days left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
We are currently recruiting for a Pre Assessment Senior Staff Nurse for the Hip Unit on a Fixed Term contract (Contract to end 02/01/2020)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse to join our Pre Assessment Clinic at The Hip Unit, Outpatients Department. As a Senior Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for the pre-operative assessment of patients undergoing a variety of elective procedures. This will include the provision of accurate pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative information and making necessary discharge preparations prior to the patient’s hospital admission.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) Fixed Term Contract working 7.5 hrs Monday – Friday. Rotation and flexibility is required.
The projected salary range is £35,000 - £41,091 per annum (dependant on experience) plus a comprehensive benefits package on top. This includes, mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more.
Closing date : 30/09/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake a detailed pre-operative assessment for patients.
- Undertake all necessary investigations / procedures for patients attending the pre-assessment clinic i.e. phlebotomy, ECG etc. and act on any abnormal results.
- Support the sister with developing and running a patient centred service.
- Record, report and take immediate action regarding positive or negative feedback from patients/relatives/Multi-Disciplinary team (MDT) members about any issue arising during the patient care/experience in the department.
- Appropriate delegation of clinical care to junior staff.
- Ensure that all accidents/incidents are appropriately recorded and reported.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Day surgery experience and Phlebotomy training would be advantageous.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department as well as being a good team player.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.