Bureau Staff Nurse
2 days left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital, We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS. We believe that all our patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the-art technology, which has seen HCA UK invest more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.
Joining us as a Bureau Nurse is an excellent way to be a part of our exceptional team while having the flexibility to control your schedule. With exposure to top consultants, excellent nurse-to-patient ratios, and the highest standard of equipment, HCA UK is the ideal place to develop your nursing career.
As a Bureau Nurse, you’ll be a contracted employee of HCA UK on annualised hours, with access to our wide-ranging benefits package and training, while also being able to flex your hours to suit you.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, and to work with our talented teams in some of the most advanced hospitals and facilities in the world.
Flexible working hours for General Nurses, ITU, Oncology, Theatres & Paediatrics
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £31,972 - £35,169 (include Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Where appropriate and qualified, undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy
- Promote effective communication amongst staff and managers and contribute to good team work
- To maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Supervise and direct junior staff, actively promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure all patient charges are captured and report appropriately
- Where required, chaperoning and assisting medical staff
- Check and report faulty equipment
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate and timely records on Meditech
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or Required Registration for the position
- UKCC Registration and PREP requirements
- ENB course/experience relevant to specialist area (desirable)
- Phlebotomy training (desirable) Knowledge of relevant Hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training Moving and Handling / Back Care Training
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.