Specialist Dietitian (Acute Services)
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 800 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Dietitian (Acute Services) to join our Dietetics department in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE). The Dietetics department provides a Nutrition & Dietetic service for referred inpatients. We offer a range of services and the Dietitian can advise on therapeutic diets for a number of conditions, including: Renal, Stroke, Liver disease, Diabetes, Swallowing problems, Oncology and many more.
As a Specialist Dietitian you will provide a dietetic service of the highest quality to service users at The Wellington Hospital that is evidence based and in line with best practice standards including the cultural and social needs of patients and their families.
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time position
- Hours: 5 per week; 9am – 5:15 (Monday to Friday)
- Salary: Competitive
- Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses,
private pension, private medical care cover, 25 days annual leave and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide evidence based Dietetic assessment and intervention to inpatients in clinical areas including but not limited to ITU, Haemodialysis unit and General medicine.
- The post holder may also be required to provide an efficient and effective clinical nutrition and dietetic service to patients in our outpatient clinics.
- Liaise with Consultants, Nursing, Pharmacy and Speech Therapy with respect to provision of appropriate nutritional care for patients, including discharge planning.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of service improvements as well as monitoring clinical effectiveness through data collection and clinical audits.
- Liaise with the Catering department regarding the provision of meals for inpatients, menu development and to monitor the quality and standards of diets provided and served.
Skills & Experience
- HCPC Registration with a Degree/Diploma in Dietetics or equivalent.
- Post registration experience as a Dietitian working in a hospital setting (NHS band 6 equivalent).
- Experience working within Intensive Care, Haemodialysis/Renal and General Medicine.
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) experience would be advantageous, although extensive training in this area will be provided if required.
- Team player with the ability to work as an effective team member of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills with the ability to provide advice, training and support to patients, staff and medical professionals (GPs, Consultants etc.).
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.