Senior 1 Physiotherapist (Part Time)
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics and acute neurological rehabilitation.
Join one of the world’s leading private healthcare providers for a fantastic opportunity to work with world class specialists, at the height of their careers who will support you in developing yours.
The Senior 1 Neuro Physiotherapist post offers an excellent range of rotations between impatient neurological rehabilitation, prolonged disorders of consciousness unit and neurology outpatients. The service covers a 46-bedded Rehabilitation Unit and a 10-bedded Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness Unit which both have an established interdisciplinary team approach.
This is a Part Time, permanent post with a requirement to participate in the on-call service. 22.5 hours per week, working 9am-5:15pm on Mon-Fri.
Competetive & Attractive salary.
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for continous learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To carry out accurate physiotherapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with complex neurological needs.
• To provide clinical supervision and facilitate the learning and development of Senior 2 staff members and therapy assistants on the rehabilitation unit.
• To formulate and implement individual physiotherapy treatment programs to meet service and patient needs.
• To provide physiotherapy intervention where there may be barriers to understanding, such as foreign language or due to speech/hearing/visual impairment and cognitive/perceptual difficulties.
• Organise and lead in-service training sessions in conjunction with Lead Physiotherapist.
• Evaluate patient progress as well as Develop and implement comprehensive discharge plans.
Skills & Experience
• Health Professions Council Physiotherapy registration.
• Physiotherapy degree qualification or equivalent.
• Post registration clinical experience in neurology including rehabilitation.
• Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of a neurophysiology and a wide range of approaches to the management of neurological patients.
• Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.