About the facilityHCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
In May 2017 we welcomed the newest addition to our campus into the top four floors of the new Cancer Centre at Guy’s. With £38.2 million investment and 60,000 square feet this purpose built facility allows London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services in one roof. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology and breast, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology.
The new site encompasses inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There will also be a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
London Bridge Hospital achieved an ‘Outstanding’ accreditation by the healthcare regulators Care Quality Commission in 2017, with them remarking that they saw innovative practice throughout the hospital including new research taking place, and the Critical care Unit was also praised. Consultants and staff were highly motivated individuals, and all committed to providing high quality patient centred care
The Theatre Scheduler will contribute to the effective and efficient management of the operating theatre by scheduling patient procedures to be performed directly onto Meditech obtaining the essential information from the Consultant’s secretary in order to create a ‘one stop’ booking service.
The scheduler will be responsible for the understanding of patient scheduling and procedure knowledge and will interact closely with a range of departments across the hospital.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure scheduling accuracy and appropriate selection of scheduled procedures to increase theatre utilisation
- Interact and liaise closely with the reservations department who will complete the booking process
- Taking responsibility to make and implement decisions, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy and quality of information for surgical services team.
- Lead and manage theatre bookings in collaboration with the theatre coordinator which will provide the team to function in a strategic and operational manner.
- Taking responsible for interacting and coordinating with all the ancillary departments in order to facilitate a smooth process. Maintain resource dictionary within Meditech for equipment, to ensure over booking of lists does not occur.
- Undertake departmental administration work as required and directed by the Theatre Manager/Surgical Services Manager – such as writing to Consultants regarding new sessions allocated and any other changes.
- Assist with maintaining facility Scheduler as required.
- Determine the order of the list 24 hours in advance (liaising with Consultant in regards to list order.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of the clinical operational running of surgical services in a hospital setting.
- An ability to demonstrate an understanding of medical terminology is desirable.
- Experience in the use of computer systems such as Meditech is desirable,
About The Individual