Staff Nurse - Cardiac
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Cardiac team. Our cardiac services are led by some of the UK’s top heart consultants, and supported by a highly skilled team of cardiac physiologists, radiographers and specialist nurses, giving the hospital the reputation for providing one of the largest private cardiology and cardiothoracic surgical programmes in Europe.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. You will work within our Cardiac ward which is a fast paced 25 bedded unit specialising in angioplasties, pace makers, defibrillators and acute cardiac/medical patients.
The ward involves Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic surgery with some liver, vascular and robotics as well as cardiac/medical conditions that require continuous monitoring and treatment. This ward also includes 5 day-case beds with a high turnaround of patients.
This is a full time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility on day/night shifts is required throughout Monday - Friday and weekends.
The projected salary range is competitive, plus 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top. This includes, mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care for cardiac patients.
- Work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for the Sister in their absence.
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care and assisting with coaching and development of the team.
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives.
- To record and interpret ECG as well as care for patients with chest drains, Epidural PCA and Femoral sheath removal.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with full NMC registration.
- Leadership/mentoring experience.
- Experience in the field of Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and/or Cardiothoracic surgery.
- Ability to recognise cardiac rhythms.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process.