Urology-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide specialist nursing care and support in the management of patients being investigated for and diagnosed with Urological cancer. This will involve dealing with complex and sensitive situations, providing specialist nursing and individualized care to patients and their families in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
Salary between £40,000 and £50,000 plus HCA benefits
Working hours 37.5 per week Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm (some flexibility required)
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work cohesively with all members of the multi-professional team in ensuring that the very best services to patients are provided at all times.
- To demonstrate politeness, courtesy and sensitivity in dealing with patients/clients, visitors/relatives and colleagues, maintaining good customer relations. This will include provision of information and support to relatives/ carers as appropriate.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate programs of care, providing specialist advice and actively seeking evidence based practice which will improve the quality of care and meet the needs of urological cancer patients. A holistic approach to caring should be planned that will include the appropriate level of physiological; pathological; spiritual, socio-economical and cultural aspects which influence the care of clients within your speciality.
- Maintain, update and develop personal and professional knowledge and skills, using the Performance Review System, enabling standards of patient care to be monitored constantly and improved.
- Participate fully as a team member, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, including support staff to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
- Participate in the collection of audit and research data as required. Identify areas where local audit is needed, conduct the audit and analyse the data with support.
- Promotes patient and public involvement within the sphere of practice.
- Utilises patient and public experience feedback to drive innovation and change.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse
- Post graduate qualification in relevant speciality and post-registration experience within a relevant speciality
- Evidence of continuing professional development, this will be a relevant post-registration qualification or equivalent experience
- Able to demonstrate specialist knowledge of patient group
- Knowledge of research and audit
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Ability to practice within the scope of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
About The Individual
You will be confident in managing difficult and emotional situations effectively. You will have the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines with the ability to inspire, lead others and influence change.