Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit.
Our eight fully-equipped Theatres include three laminar flow theatres for Orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country. Procedures covered at the Princess Grace include; Orthopaedic, Urology and General Surgery and are conducted by consultants from leading London Hospitals who are experienced and world renown in their field of expertise.
You will be responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Surgeon during surgical procedures, to ensure that professional and national standards are met in accordance to guidelines.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures.
You would be working to prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £31,972 - £36,767 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Rotational shift pattern, 37.5 hours per week
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care.
- Working with members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team following local protocols and standards.
- Participate in education, training and development of other staff.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide initial emergency care as required.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
Skills & Experience
- Registered with NMC or HPC
- Experience as a Theatre Practitioner in Scrub
- Effective Communication skills
- Prior knowledge of surgical equipment
- Sound decision making process
- Team worker
- Positive attitude
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.