Imaging Senior Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse to join our Imaging department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. Our Imaging team covers a wide range of procedures, including: Angiograms, Stent Injections, Balloon Angioplasty, CT-guided Nerve Root Injections, and Interventional Radiology Nursing and Imaging.
Join one of the world’s leading private healthcare providers for a fantastic opportunity to work with world class specialists, at the height of their careers who will support you in developing yours.
As the Senior Staff Nurse within the Imaging department, you will report to the Imaging Sister and will provide a customer focused high quality nursing service to our patients and service users.
The Senior Staff Nurse will strive for and maintain the best standard of clinical standards and efficiency for our users at all times. The role will require rotation throughout all of the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all of the imaging sites within The Wellington.Hours: 37.5 per week (Unit open Monday – Friday from 09:00 - 20:00, with additional evening and weekend on-call)
Salary: £35,673 – £40,401
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing services for all patients.
- Become competent in all areas of Imaging Nursing, including assisting in Interventional Radiology cases, biopsies, imaging guided drainages and therapeutic procedures.
- Share clinical knowledge with multi disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children, ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns.
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments.
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.
Skills & Experience
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration meeting PREP requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to theatre/Imaging nursing through CPD/protocol development within a radiology area.
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Have experience in mentoring.
- Post Graduate qualification within imaging or another relevant area
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.