Director of Clinical Operations
HCA Healthcare UK is the country’s largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year. From pioneering complex care, urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships.
We actively seeking to recruit a central corporate head office role to oversee and direct a consistant approach to clinical pathways across the HCA group. This is to ensure we have universal excellent standards of care throughout and compliant practice is replicated across our individual flagship hospitals.
Working with our Insurers and Governance teams to enforce consistant clinical standards and protocols are implemented to increase our market share.
The Director of Clinical Operations will report to the Executive Nurse and Group Chief Medical Officer at our London Head Office in Marylebone.
The fundimental part of the role is responsible for the efficient and effective deployment of clinical initiatives, pathways and processes to support patient care across the group. The Director will lead efforts to improve quality outcomes and clinic operations in a way that contributes to an enhanced experience for staff and patients and facilitate key process improvements and patient access measures.
This role requires a clinical registration, progressive clinical background, significant knowledge of Clinical Pathway implementation and the Clinical Governance associated with such clinical pathways.
This role would suit someone with both private and public clinical and strategic healthcare experience at Senior Management Level. A leader that can influence a vast range of internal and external stakeholder from Consultants, CNOs and Governance Leads to Commisioners and Insurers.
Full Time Hours - Permanent Contract - Attractive Director Rewards Package
This role will be based in Central London, however some travel across the HCA group can be expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strong and visible professional leadership to the workforce and wider organisation
- Promote a culture of safety through transparency and quality and safety improvement in all areas.
- Contribute fully to the corporate management and strategic development of HCA clinical services and deputise for the Chief Nursing Executive as required.
- Provide support to hospital facilities and business units in the planning and management of clinical services.
- Identify and understand the causes of important variances in clinical outcomes.
- Identify unique clinical/operational needs and assist with the development of action plans that are consistent with the mission of HCA.
- offer leadership through the System Professional Practice Council.
- Leading the development of consistent Clinical Operations processes, primary point of contact for development of clinical pathways with key stakeholders, insurers, providers and consultants.
- Facilitating and supporting the Professional Practice Council and operational projects.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Clinical Professional e.g NMC
- Significant experience as a senior healthcare manager, acute service management including experience of: clinical risk management assurance, professional and operational strategic planning, planning/provision of clinical education, clinical workforce planning and successful change management.
- Strong, effective leadership and motivational skills
- Commercial knowledge of the healthcare market - acute services
- Private and Public Sector Healthcare experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Clinical Governance
- Significant experience of implementing Clinical Pathways