Clinical Trials Pharmacy Technician - GPHC Registered
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
London’s largest private hospital group, HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS. Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute is the first UK trials unit outside of the NHS that has the ability to offer new anti-cancer drugs in clinical trials. As a dedicated trials unit, we are focused on fast study set-ups to offer patients’ rapid access to new investigational drug therapies.
Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual with great interpersonal skills to join the pharmacy department at SCRIUK in the role of Clinical Trials Pharmacy Technician. The post holder will perform a range of technical duties to support the pharmacy clinical trials service according to local guidelines and national regulations governing clinical trials. The post holder will also be responsible for the training of pharmacy staff involved in clinical trials.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Salary – Competitive
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provision of a range of technical duties to support the pharmacy clinical trials service according to local guidelines and national regulations governing clinical trials; ensuring compliance with International Conference for Harmonization, Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, the Research Governance Framework, the EU Clinical Trials Directive, the Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trial) Regulations 2004 and other relevant guidelines, regulations and policies.
- To be responsible for ensuring all technical aspects of clinical trials within their remit are managed in accordance with service SOPs including:
- Produce study specific dispensing guides for all clinical trials conducted at SCRIUK
- Set up Pharmacy Trial Site Files for new studies
- Act as a point of contact for study Sponsors and their representatives
- Assist in the maintenance of up to date pharmacy standard operating procedures (SOPs) for pharmacy and trial related activities
- To participate in stock control systems for medicines including stock checks, stock rotation, expiry date checks etc. and to use the computerised stock control system and undertake the processing of paperwork in accordance with audit requirements.
- To assist with preparation for external audit and inspection by Sponsors and the regulatory authorities.
- Ensure pharmacy-related clinical trial specific training for staff on the process of purchasing, ordering, receipt, storage, dispensing, stock rotation and stock holding return, and disposal of clinical trial drugs.
Skills & Experience
- NVQ level 3 Pharmacy services or BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent.
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (or immediate eligibility to register)
- Experience as a qualified technician in a UK hospital Pharmacy (or clinical trials unit), including experience of dispensary services and extended roles of technicians
- Experience of working to Clinical Trial protocols
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Good Manufacturing Practice
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Good Clinical Practice
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the cutting edge of private healthcare with world class specialists at the height of their careers.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!