RGN - Gynaecology / Surgical
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE).
The post holder will be responsible and accountable to assess, plan, deliver and implement high quality care within the Gynaecology/ General surgery ward settings as well as providing management and leadership to all staff in the absence of senior staff.
- Full-Time, Permanent, position
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Salary: starting at £31,630 per year (increasing depending on experience) plus 9% shift enhancement
- Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and well being support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for the provision of high quality care within the Gynaecology/ Surgical ward
- Prioritising workload and directing staff accordingly.
- To make efficient use of resources.
- Occasionally deputise for senior staff, providing management and leadership in their absence.
- Promote team working, communicate effectively at all levels within multidisciplinary team
- Promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence base practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the specialty
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs.
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met.
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Support and act as role model for junior staff, student nurses, promoting a learning environment.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order.
- To maintain accurate records of patient care.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the care and management of their condition.
- Responsible for the control storage and administration of drugs.
- Involvement in projects as required.
- To take active participation in auditing to maintain standards
- To carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate knowledge as a qualified Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- NMC Registered Nurse, Experience working in Gynaecology setting
- Demonstrate a professional approach to work and act in accordance with both HCA Healthcare Code of Conduct and NMC code of Conduct at all the time
- Demonstrate understanding of safeguarding issues, maintain confidentially
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills
- Up to date with clinical mandatory and statutory training required by NMC
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times.