Clinical Nurse Specialist - Gynaecology
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
The hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008.
Our Paediatric wards hold 56 inpatient beds + 11 day case and are equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced medical and surgical care, including a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit which reflects the acuity and complex nature of the children who are admitted to our hospital. The Portland Hospital has a large number of international Paediatric patients, often funded by relevant embassies.
The Portland Hospital is the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK. The hospital provides for both consultant-led and midwifery-led deliveries, having an 18 bedded ward to facilitate this. Alongside this there is a 12 bedded Gynecology and Women’s Health in-patient ward. The Portland Hospital also has a large outpatient department for all areas of its clinical expertise, to facilitate continuous care or simpler procedures.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will work as a core member of the multi-disciplinary team using your clinical expertise to exercise higher levels of judgement, discretion and decision making in the pre-assessment and delivery of patient focussed care. You will provide education of patients, relatives and staff within the areas of Gynaecology Nursing and be involved in pre assessment and service development projects as designated by the deputy chief nurse.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am – 4pm with occasional
early starts/late finishes).
Salary: competitive plus HCA benefits package.
Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, 25 days holiday, health and wellbeing
support system, pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
• To implement and evaluate clinical care of Gynaecology patients, providing expert clinical advice to utilise evidence based practice and benchmarked standards to improve quality and delivery of patient care.
• Assess, plan and evaluate the care of patients from clinic, referral, and inpatient stay to discharge.
• Work closely with the Gynaecology Consultants and members of the multidisciplinary team to enhance the patient’s journey and experience.
• Facilitate the development of individual staff and nursing teams through the use of specialist education and training.
• Assist in clinical and corporate audits as well as local Projects whilst seeking avenues for improving and enhancing services – e.g. Gynae service development.
Skills & Experience
• NMC Registered Nurse.
• Experience at a similar level with extensive Gynaecology experience.
• Post basic qualification in clinical specialty related to practice area.
• Recognised teaching qualification or evidence of Masters level learning would be advantageous.
• Confident decision maker, with a focus on improvement and development.
• Excellent communication with effective management, problem solving and decision making skills.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.