Staff Nurse- Oncology
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Private Care builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities which include; 28 bedded inpatient Oncology wards, 6 bed Haematology and Transplant unit, Day Case Chemotherapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Specialised Radiotherapy Unit & Psychology services
The post holder will be responsible for outstanding patient care from assessment through to evaluations, always working with the wider multi-disciplinary team to constantly improve care standards. The post holder will also provide support with supervising and directing junior staff and will deputising for Senior Staff Nurse and Sister/Charge Nurse in their absence.
This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week, with shifts including days, nights, weekend and public holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient care
- Provide effective on-going evaluation of nursing care and interventions
- Implement changes in care smoothly, consulting patients, carers and the multi-disciplinary team
- Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations
- Record, monitor and interpret patient vital signs, reporting to the nurse in charge
- Accurately monitor and document nursing outcomes
Skill and Experience
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- Previous haematology/oncology experience
- Knowledge of chemotherapy treatment regimes
- Skills in phlebotomy/IV and Chemotherapy would be desirable
- Previous exposure to palliative care would be advantageous
- Chemotherapy certificate would also be desirable
About the Individual
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.