Staff Nurse- Chemo Day Care
- Job Type
At HCA Healthcare UK we have a large Cancer Network, providing world-class cancer care across multiple hospitals and facilities, these include but are not limited to; LOC, The Harley Street Clinic, The Wellington Hospital, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital and our NHS Joint Ventures. With this comprehensive network we have the facilities and expertise to diagnose, treat and support the recovery of patients with all forms and stages of cancer. Our expert team brings together word-leading surgeons, Haematologists, Oncologists and Nursing staff to deliver the highest standard of care.
We are currently recruiting for Staff Nurses to be part of these growing clinical teams consisting of world renowned experts from top NHS institutions in London. You will have the ability to grow and develop your nursing career, academically and professionally, whilst working at the forefront of the cancer healthcare industry.
The post holder will work within the outpatient and daycare department which provides care for patients with haematology, oncology conditions and patients undergoing specific surgical procedures. The unit is based on the 5th floor of the Macmillan Cancer centre.
As a staff nurse within the day care and outpatient department. Your role will be to assess, patients, administer treatments, perform phlebotomy, canulation and assist nurse practitioner with bone marrow aspiration and picc line insertion when necessary. You may also be required to assist in outpatient clinics. You will work within the team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for junior sisters in their absence where appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently assess patient care requirements and agree with the patient the level of nursing care required involving the main carer where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to record, monitor and interpret patient’s vital signs.
- Ensure all relevant assessments are undertaken and reviewed as required eg risk assessment, MUST, waterlow.
- Report to nurse in charge appropriately.
- Initiate appropriate interventions.
- Attend all necessary training mandatory and clinical required for the role
- Devise appropriate plans of care.
- Involve patient/ /family/next of kin in decision making.
- Take account of Consultant preference.
- To act as autonomous professional.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1 – Heamatology / oncology experience at least 2 years
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Experience relevant to specialist area desirable
- Phlebotomy / IV and Chemotherapy experience - desirable
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
About The Individual