Theatre Practitioner - Recovery
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private Paediatric Intensive Care Unit in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
As a Theatre Recovery Practitioner, you will be responsible for the total nursing care of individual patients within the recovery area and ensure recovery criteria is adhered to before discharging patients.
In addition to this, you will also actively contribute to the maintenance of an environment that is conducive to the delivery and promotion of a high standard of patient care.
Salary between £32,000 - £36,000 with an additional 6% shift enhancement.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of post-operative patient care
- Prepare the recovery in readiness to admit patients after surgical procedures
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately
- Smooth hand over and hand back at change of shift, to ensure there is no disruption in the care patients receive
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
Skills & Experience
- Registered nurse or ODP
- Substantial recovery experience in a range of surgical specialities
- Experience in assisting with planning and implementing of post-operative care
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be confident, proactive and demonstrate a desire to improve on their existing skill base to add value to the department. They will be keen to develop both clinically as well as academically and will pride themselves on having a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will also need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload.