Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse (Medical)
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long established private hospitals. We are an award winning heathcare provider with our hospitals being awarded as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the CQC.
Working within our inpatient general medical paediatric department will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to develop your existing skills.
The Portland Hospital is renowned for its clinical excellence with our paediatric inpatients covering a variety of specialties including (but not limited to) surgical, neuro-rehab, Gastroenterology, Ear,Nose and Throat (ENT) and general paediatrics.
As a Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse working on the general medical ward you will provide clinical leadership and ensure the provision of high quality nursing care to children and families. You will be undertaking delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Sister/Charge Nurse and working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £35,673 - £40,401 + 9% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the senior nurse
- Co-ordinate patient care with the multidisciplinary team
- Manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentors for student nurses, and provide a supportive and challenging environment for students in training.
- Ensure that tailored care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse (RN Child / RSCN)
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Experience of supervising and assessing students and shift leading is desirable
About The Individual
As the successful individual, you will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. You will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. You will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!