Staff Nurse - Neuro Rehab (6N)
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Neurological Rehabilitation unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 6PD).
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 900 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
The Neurological Rehabilitation is the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provides comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability.
As a Staff Nurse you will join our Rehab & Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness ward (PDoC) which consists of 8 beds, based on the 6th Floor North Tower of the Wellington Hospital. This ward is a specialist service focusing on the issues facing patients emerging from disorders of consciousness and ensuring continuity of care.
You will be responsible for acute and complex patients with tracheostomies. Cases include: Traumatic Brain Injury, Hypoxic Brain Injury, Stroke, SAH, Status Epilepticus, on a Vegetative, Minimally Conscious and Emerged Stage. You will work with a vastly experienced MDT to achieve progress, through agreed set goals.
• Job Type: Permanent, full-time role (37.5 hours per week)
• Shift pattern: Shifts; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am (Mon-Sun) - Rotation and flexibility required.
• Salary: £31,630 - £35,822 per annum, plus 9% shift enhancements and a benefits package.
• Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses,
health & wellbeing support system, pension, private medical care and much more.
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applications are received.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Independently assess patient care requirements by monitoring and interpreting patient’s vital signs,
initiating appropriate interventions and referrals and devising appropriate plan of care.
• Evaluate nursing outcomes based on assessment and analysis of nursing interventions.
• Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
• Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition.
• To recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations as well as deputise for senior staff
nurses in their absence.
• To communicate, work effectively and collaboratively with MDT as well as contribute to the
Skills & Experience
• Registered Nurse with post graduate experience.
• Acute Medical, Neurological or neurological rehabilitation experience is essential
• Tracheostomy experience is highly desirable.
• An enthusiastic and motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a strong collaborative
• You will be diplomatic and empathetic, with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.
About The Individual
Join one of the world’s leading private healthcare providers for a fantastic opportunity to work with world class specialists, at the height of their careers who will support you in developing yours.