Sister/Charge Nurse ITU
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a hybrid theatre to enable complex vascular surgery, a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
Our ultra-modern ITU was opened in 2011 and contains 9 beds made up of 4 open bays and 5 single siderooms. We care for both level 2 and 3 patients and the typical case mix includes elective colorectal and HBP, complex urology, spinal surgery and will also accommodate unplanned and medical admissions. With the state of the art facilities available, we are able to provide comprehensive care such as organ support including respiratory, cardiovascular and renal therapies. Our team of specialist intensive care nurses provide up to 1:1 patient care and are supported by a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals delivering some of the most complex and effective medical interventions. This is all provided within a professional and modern patient and work environment.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA Healthcare UK’s facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
We have an opportunity for a Sister/ Charge Nurse to join our ICU team at The Princess Grace
You will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing. You will work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Sisters in their absence.
This is a full time position: 37.5 hours per week (long days/nights)
The projected salary range is: £39,174 - £45,419 per annum, dependent on experience plus 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, structured career development, funded courses, private pension, private medical care cover, and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The assessment, planning and delivery of high quality patient care as part of a multi disciplinary team, delegating tasks as appropriate
- To have an understanding of staff management
- To promote a learning environment
- To communicate with patients and their families and the team on care decisions
- To guide junior staff and take overall responsibility for the assessment of patients and delivery of care plans by utilization of advanced skills
- As shift leader monitors the care of a group of patients and takes the lead in emergency situations, and evaluation of post emergency care situations
- To guide and support junior staff on dealing with complaints and clinical incidents
- To contributes to and conducts performance reviews and monitors staff performance on a day to day basis
Skills & Experience
- NMC registered General Nurse
- First line management course
- Advanced respiratory ventilation, cardiovascular and renal care
- Experience of working in ICU or Critical care
- Cardiothoracic, General or Neuro experience in an ICU environment
- ITU/ Critical Care course
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills to liaise with consultants, RMOs, and family members and have the ability to lead and mentor junior members of the team. You will have the ability to deal with emergency situations and the ability to work independently.