Band 5 acute medical unit
Registered Nurse - NHS
Band 5 - up to £34,495
Pulse is assisting one of the UK's leading London NHS Trusts to recruit Band 5 Registered Nurses within on of their leading London teaching hospitals. The hospital is situated close to great transport links, but staff accommodation is also available.te
We are interested to hear from newly qualified nurses with a minimum of 6 months experience in addition to band 5 nurses looking for the next step in their career within a forward thinking NHS trust.
Nurses will have the opportunity to work within acute nursing areas such as acute medical units (AMU) which includes high dependency level beds, neurology/neurosurgery, endocrine and gastroenterology. No experience is required in these areas - full paid training will be provided.
There are fantastic career advancement opportunities such as;
- A band 5 fast-track training to a band 6
- Rotational programme - where you can select which unit best suits you
- Recognised training - alongside Kings College and Buckinghamshire University
We are interested to hear from overseas nurses or nurses in the UK currently working within the nursing home setting now wanting the opportunity to work within an acute hospital setting. This opportunity will provide you with the training and support you need to gain acute hospital experience.
Wards are typically 24 -36 beds, each with healthy nurse to patient ratios offering a good working environment.
This is a permanent, Band 5 post and comes with excellent NHS benefits such as:
- Harmonized holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays
- Pay enhancements to reward out of hours, shift and overtime working
- Better career and salary progression based on the application of knowledge and skills
- Annual personal development review to support career aspirations.
Other benefits of working in the NHS include training, occupational health services, automatic membership of the NHS Pension Scheme (unless you choose to opt out) and study leave for sponsored courses.
So, if you are looking for continued investment in your professional development and career, we look forward to hearing from you!