Orthopaedic Clinical Nurse Specialist
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Specialist within the Orthopaedic specialism
The Clinical Nurse Specialist provides clinical expertise to the departmental team. The Scope of this role is broad, working with consultants to set up protocols, seeing patients for pre-assessment , in patient and follow up outpatients , working independently and as a team member teaching staff about orthopaedic procedures. They will be a highly visible role model to all nurses within the team.
Hours: 37.5 per week working Mon-Fri (some flexibility required)
Salary: £40,401-£45,419 dependent on Experience
Closing date: 10/06/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- They are responsible and accountable for own practice within the clinical area and for delivering a quality service to all stakeholders.
- They are responsible for identifying areas of their service for development; then implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience
- Achieve the highest possible standard of nursing care which balances customer satisfaction with the most efficient use of resources
- Work independently to support the patients, Consultants, nursing teams and Allied Health Professionals within their defined scope of practice
- An educational resource to both patients and their families/carers and all clinical staff
- Proactively promote their service within The Lister Hospital and HCA, participating in relevant forums
- Liaise in a professional manner with internal and external customers
- Responsive and sensitive to patients’ physical, psychological, spiritual and cultural requirements
Skills & Experience
- NMC registered Nurse
- Orthopaedic degree level course desirable
- Experience post registration experience, of which some within the relevant clinical speciality
- Post basic qualification in clinical specialty relevant to practice area
- Tissue viability experience
- Experience in Trauma and /or Orthopaedics
- Experience as a CNS(or equivalent)
- Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be approachable, confident in dealing with a wide mix of clients and consultants. The ability to demonstrate working well independently and in an organised manner is key to the success of this role. The successful applicant will also have a passion for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience