Hyper acute stroke unit nurse
Band 5 Registered Nurse - Hyper acute stroke unit
Up to £34,495 + benefits
Pulse is assisting one of the UK's leading NHS Trusts in London to recruit Band 5 Registered Nurses to work within one of their leading teaching hospitals which is located in London. The hospital is situated close to great transport links and onsite staff accommodation is also available.
This leading hospital is a major acute hospital running one of four major trauma centres in London in addition to a leading accident and emergency department.
This band 5 position would be to work within a 20 bed Hyper Acute Stoke Unit (HASU), this is only 1 of 8 dedicated HASU's in London. This hospital offers a blue light service so the care of very acutely unwell patients within a supportive NHS team.
We are interested to hear from newly qualified nurses with a minimum of 6 months experience in addition to band 5 nurses looking for the next step in their career within a forward thinking NHS trust.
Nurses will care for patients with tracheostomies and thrombosis, the facilities and equipment to deliver patients the best care on the unit is second to none. Telemetry is offered at each bedside.
This HASU has a forward thinking multi-disciplinary team including Band 7's and clinical nurse specialties offering a great training/learning environment.
No experience is required in this specialty - full specialist training is offered alongside experienced band 6 and 7 nurses. This could be a great pathway for nurses wanting to progress their career into HDU or ITU nursing in the future.
There are fantastic career advancement opportunities such as;
- A band 5 fast-track training to a band 6 - this is an individual pathway plan to work towards a band 6
- Rotational programme - where you can select which unit best suits you. The opportunity work across different wards/specialties across the hospital, both surgical and medical.
- Recognised training - alongside Kings College and Buckinghamshire University
We are interested to hear from overseas nurses or nurses in the UK currently working within the nursing home setting now wanting the opportunity to work within an acute hospital setting. This supportive employer will provide you with the training and support you need to gain acute hospital experience.
This is a permanent, Band 5 post and comes with excellent NHS benefits such as:
- Unbeatable NHS pension
- Harmonized holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays
- Pay enhancements to reward out of hours, shift and overtime working
- Better career and salary progression based on the application of knowledge and skills
- Annual personal development review to support career aspirations
Other benefits of working in the NHS include training, occupational health services, automatic membership of the NHS Pension Scheme (unless you choose to opt out) and study leave for sponsored courses.
So, if you are looking for continued investment in your professional development and career, we look forward to hearing from you!