Staff Nurse Orthpaedics
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
London Bridge Hospital has expanded into the top four floors of the new Guy’s Cancer Centre. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology.
The new site encompasses inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There is also a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
Our Orthopaedic Unit,situated at the large world-class hospital based at Tooley Street ,comprises of 28 beds, with an allocation of approximately 2 nurses to 8 patients. World-renowned consultants at London Bridge Hospital use the latest orthopaedic procedures to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumours and congenital disorders, and we have the necessary skills to deal with all stages of arthritis care.
As a staff nurse within the orthopaedics unit, the core of your role will be to assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care, ensuring that the individual needs of the patient are responded to. This will involve tact and sensitivity when liaising with consultants, staff, patients, visitors and other internal/external departments whilst also consistently maintaining a high level of clinical practice.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,630 - £35,822 + 9% shift enhancement and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing procedures
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Decontamination of equipment and ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
• Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
• Proven nursing experience within an Orthopaedic in-patient ward setting.
• Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
• Good time management and prioritisation skills with a passion for providing an exceptional patient
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as within the team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be personable in their manner and have a keen interest in developing their career.
Closing date: 01/07/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received