Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
3 days left
- Job Type
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner (Scrub) to join our team at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. Our Theatres service includes 12 Theatre suits and 3 Cardiac Cath Labs. This is an excellent opportunity to join us at the forefront of pioneering Da Vinci Robotic Surgery as well as working in extensive cardiac facilities including cardiology and cardio-thoracic surgery.
Join one of the world’s leading private healthcare providers for a fantastic opportunity to work with world class specialists, at the height of their careers who will support you in developing yours.
The Senior Theatre Practitioner will be working as part of a team of theatre practitioners, specialising with cardiac/cardiothoracic procedures. You will ensure a high standard of clinical care and safety for patients within the theatre unit.
This is full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week. Shifts include early & lates, working 5 days out of 7. There is also an on-call commitment.
The projected salary range is £39,000 - £45,000 with additional shift enhancements.
Benefits include, mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Providing clinical leadership to junior staff and deputising for Lead in his/her absence.
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner ensuring patient, visitors and staff safety.
- Evaluates care outcomes and knows how to respond to an emergency situation.
- Implements and evaluates patient care around infection control measures.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse (RGN) or Operating Department Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Extensive theatre experience with expertise in Cardiac & Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Cath lab experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is flexible in response to the needs of the department.
- Good team building skills with the ability to work well under pressure
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process. We look forward to meeting you!