Deputy Chief Nursing Officer (FTC)
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital. We have an exciting opportunity for an Interim Deputy Chief Nursing Officer to join our senior management team at The Princess Grace Hospital in London (W1U 5NY).
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has over 400 employees and 127 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, as well as eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres.
The Deputy Chief Nursing Officer will provide support to the Chief Nursing Officer in providing day-to-day clinical leadership, management and operational direction across The Princess Grace Hospital.
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Hours: Full-Time position (37.5 hours per week; Mon to Fri)
- Salary/Day Rate: £70K - £80K per annum
Benefits: Funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private
medical care cover, and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a role model and demonstrate high levels of clinical skill as well as supporting the Chief Nursing Officer with the delivery of the nursing strategy plans.
- To manage and lead the Clinical Nurse Managers, and other senior clinical team members, offering guidance and support on financial, operational and professional issues.
- Lead on daily ward meetings as well as monitoring patient activity, nursing/RMO staffing cover and incident/investigation management.
- Build relationships with Consultants as a visible and engaged point of contact regarding patient care and hospital processes.
- In conjunction with direct reports, lead on the growth of service lines and review utilisation of the adult wards including activity and actions aimed at improving quality and efficiency.
- Participate in clinical and organisational audit for the maintenance and development of a quality service.
- Develop clinical leadership and scope of practice across the hospital, including development of new roles and ways of working.
- Work with the Governance Manager and Clinical Leads to identify and meet training needs of staff in relation to clinical effectiveness, risk and professional development.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with significant senior nursing and operational management experience.
- Proven experience within acute care settings, including, Theatres, ITU, Surgical, Orthopaedics, ITU, Oncology etc.
- Relevant post graduate qualification, including degree level education.
- Experience in leading successful change management and quality improvements.
- A confident communicator with a can do attitude, passion for nursing and always striving for
About the Individual
As part of this team, you can expect world-class facilities, comprehensive support and development opportunities throughout your career with The Princess Grace Hospital.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply online or please contact Mark on email@example.com