MRI Advanced Practitioner
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics and acute neurological rehabilitation.
To be conversant with and undertake all aspects of service delivery within this sub- department.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
Attractive and competitive salary which will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in extended working days (by rota)
- Participate in the MRI on-call rota
- Keep abreast of the latest MRI safety issues and assist with safety training
- Ensure that all personnel entering the scanning room are screened and deemed to be safe
- Assist with the booking of some appointments
- To assist in identifying improvements within the Department on an ongoing basis and to oversee the implementation of improvements that have been identified and agreed with the superintendent.
- To deputise for the MRI superintendent, encapsulating all aspects of the managerial role when she/ he is away.
- To work closely with the Radiologists in setting up policies and protocols for all techniques and organize with the radiologists in setting up policies and protocols for all techniques and organize with the radiologists, techniques appropriate to each patient request.
- Work unsupervised and show initiative e.g. decide whether contrast is required, limit number of scans for severely claustrophobic patients
- Set an example to others e.g. tidiness of appearance, punctuality
- Undertake MR examinations to a high standard of competency
- Assist with the rota and staffing managment
- Perform the daily MRI QA tests
- Assist with the training and supervision of radiographers in MRI
- Have good organisational and communication skills
- Report promptly any equipment faults, and ensure these are recorded
- Observe patient confidentiality and corporate data protection protocols
- Always abide by the current Manual Handling, Infection Control and any other hospital and departmental policies
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the MRI Superintendent or Radiology Manager.
- Occasional rotation across our out-patient facilities in Golders Green (NW11 9PY) and Elstree (WD6 3BS).
Skills & Experience
- DCR(R) or BSc in Radiography
- Evidence of CPD
- Extensive experience in MRI
- Cardiac MRI experience is desirable
- Experience with 3T scanning
About The Facility
The successful candidate will be a strong team player with the ability to work flexibly and demonstrate tact and diplomacy. They will have the ability to organize and manage own caseload and prioritise tasks accordingly. The ability to work under pressure is essential.
Working in this role- would be ideal for a Radiographer open to enhancing their career in imaging, able to learn how to live through their patients and embrace new treatments and innovative trends with the defined philosophy of life in all its stages.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!