Staff Nurse Outpatients-London Breast Institute
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
The London Breast Institute, part of the Princess Grace hospital, brings together world-renowned specialists in the field of breast cancer and represents a significant development in the treatment of breast disease in the independent sector in the UK.
With expertise from screening to reconstruction there is no better equipped independent provider in the UK.
The Role of the Staff Nurse is central to the patient experience at The London Breast Institute
As part of a multidisciplinary team the Staff Nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate high standards of nursing care, providing vital support to patients and their families and supporting the wider multi-disciplinary team.
Salary between £31,630-£35,822 (dependent on experience) plus HCA benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge. Potential for future development into Breast Care Nurse/ CNS
Working hours 37.5 per week, working hours between 8am and 8pm (some flexibility required)
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs assisting the patient and the surgical team during outpatient visits to The London Breast Institute
- Management of patients who are having interventional radiology procedures and minor operations
- Abide by all rules and regulations relating to radiation protection
- Decontaminate equipment, ensuring it is in good working order
- Post-operative wound care
- Deputise for Senior Staff Nurses
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintain accurate records
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- Knowledge of breast screening pathways
- Interest in breast cancer care, surgery, treatment and holistic needs would be a valuable asset to applicants
- Previous recent imaging/radiology experience
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Organisational skills essential in order to assist in managing this busy practice
- ALS/ILS trained desirable
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as within the team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. Due to the nature of the role, adherence to policy, procedure and guidelines will be of paramount importance in conjunction with the customer-centric attitude.