Staff Nurse Surgical
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
General Surgery at the Princess Grace Hospital involves a wide range of different surgical procedures performed by leading surgeons in their field of high acuity treatments. We now have a Senior Staff Nurse position available in the Multi Speciality Ward focusing on Gynae, Breast and Spinal.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
As the Staff Nurse, working within a multidisciplinary team, you will plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients. Assisting with the basic needs of the patients, you will deliver pain and drain management and enteral/parenteral feeding. Working closely with the wider team, you will also be involved in consultant rounds and supervise the work of junior members of the team.
Salary: £31,630 - £35,822 (dependent on experience) + enhancements and Benefits
37.5hrs per week working Long days/Nights /Weekends
Closing date: 15/06/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Experience within a general surgery setting
- Ideally experience of dealing with patients who have under gone abdominal surgery
About The Individual
As the successful candidate you will be adaptable and able to meet changing caseloads, working independently as well as within the team. You will possess a passion for delivering excellent customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. Excellent English communication is key to the role and you will be personable and approachable to all patient, family and staff.