Staff Nurse orthopaedics/Spinal
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
The Orthopaedic ward is located in The Wellington South, a 21 bedded unit specialising in Ortho, Spinal and Neuro patients.
The position of Staff Nurse will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the orthopaedic Team. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the Team.
This is a full time position: 37.50 hours per week (long days/nights)
Salary: from £31,630 - £35,822 pa (dependent on experience) + 9% enhancements + pension scheme + 25 days annual leave + more.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work well within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurses in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level.
• Manage patient caseload effectively, prioritising care effectively.
• Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care.
• Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
• Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
• Proven Surgical experience. preferably in Ortho, Spinal or Neuro.
• Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
• Good time management and prioritisation skills.
• Phlebotomy training desirable.
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times.