Staff Nurse-General Surgery
Part of HCA Healthcare UK – the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' the London Bridge Hospital campus encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
In May 2017 we welcomed the newest addition to our campus into the top four floors of the new Cancer Centre at Guy’s NHS Trust. With a £38.2 million investment and at 60,000 square feet, this purpose built facility has allowed the London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services under one roof. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology and breast, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The new site also encompasses inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot.
London Bridge Hospital achieved an ‘Outstanding’ accreditation by the healthcare regulators Care Quality Commission in 2017, with them remarking that they saw innovative practice throughout the hospital including new research taking place, and the Consultants and staff were noted as being highly motivated individuals, and all committed to providing high quality patient centred care.
The position of Staff Nurse within the surgical team in London Bridge Hospital will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Team. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the Surgical Team.
Hours: 37.5hrs p/w working a combination of Long Days, Nights and Weekends
Salary: £31,630 - £35,822 (dependent on experience) plus 9% enhancement and HCA Benefits
closing date: 15/06/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing procedures
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Decontamination of equipment and ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience
- Proven surgical experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Phlebotomy training desirable
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times.