Registered Nurse - Acute Stroke Ward
Are you an experienced Band 5 Nurse looking for your next career move? If so then the Acute Stroke Ward at North Bristol NHS Trust could be just what you’re after.
As a key part of the Neurological and Musculoskeletal Sciences Division, the Acute Stroke ward delivers outstanding patient care for stroke, neurology and video telemetry patients. We treat around 750 stroke patients a year, including specialist interventions such as mechanical thrombectomy. Our video telemetry service treats patients from across the South West requiring investigation and treatment for intractable epilepsy.
The stroke service is continually developing, with ongoing research into new treatments in patient care, which creates an exciting clinical environment and additional opportunities for nurses to gather new skills and experience in this area. We are passionate about helping people who have had a stroke or are experiencing a neurology condition with personalised rehabilitation goals to ensure they reach their full potential.
Why Apply? This Registered Nurse role will offer-
- An opportunity to work within a pioneering service- we are the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional/national centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics
- Our award-winning Brunel Building provides cutting-edge facilities, and is based in Bristol, which has been consistently voted as one of the best places to live and work in the UK.
- We provide a wide range of in-house training relevant to each of our nursing specialties, and a mentor is assigned to support your continuing professional development. External study days are also provided for the specialist skills required for your role and provide revalidation support for NMC registrants.
- We offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
- Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall.
The Role: As a Staff Nurse, you will ensure the optimum delivery of skilled patient care and provide assistance to senior clinical staff. Key duties will include:
• Basic nursing care for group of patients with multiple needs
• Organise and participate in the delivery of high standards of evidence based nursing care
• Administration of medication
• Assessment and observation of patients
• To contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing education, support and advice, as necessary
• To provide high quality, effective, individualised care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision
The successful Nurse will be:
• Able to remain calm in pressured environments
• Resilient, ambitious and compassionate
• Excited by a new challenge
• Able to communicate effectively with both patients and staffs on all levels
• Able to work within a diverse community of patients and healthcare
What We Offer?
We can offer you a range of opportunities in both general acute and specialist areas of work, as we provide regional and national services for a number of areas. So, if you if you are one of those special people who live up to our values, share our passion for ‘exceptional healthcare personally delivered’ and want to make the most of your expertise as part of an innovative, passionate and high performing team, please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk and search for vacancy 339-NURSE-NMSK-C to apply. If you would like further information regarding the opportunities available, please contact our Recruitment team via the following email- firstname.lastname@example.org.