Hospital Liaison Nurse
4 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Bupa Hospital Liaison Nurse - London Hospitals
Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits.
Monday to Friday - Part Time (ideal for school hours) or Full time, non- shift
Only Nurses need apply
This role provides an opportunity for someone with robust clinical knowledge and excellent professional relationship skills to demonstrate how well having a BUPA nurse on site, working closely with the hospital clinical teams, can lead to the best outcome for our members. This relatively new programme where UK hospitals and the on- site Bupa Hospital Liaison Nurse work collaboratively has been highly successful, and we are looking to extend the programme.
We will fully train you to become proficient in utilising a clinically based, and internationally recognised software, which supports your assessment of the member in terms of the most clinically appropriate level of care in hospital and length of stay. You will also facilitate and support the hospital in achieving an efficient and sustainable discharge for our BUPA members.
We are looking to provide Bupa Cromwell and BMI Clementine Churchill Hospitals each with a Bupa Liaison Nurse.
- Identifying and seeking relevant clinical information in patient medical/clinical records and through discussion with the care team
- Entering clinical information into the software package to to determine the most appropriate level of careIdentifying where Bupa inpatients level of care, care setting or length of stay does not meet criteria.
- Liaising with other Bupa teams to identify and support Bupa inpatients.
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with Hospital Clinical teams & relevant personnel
- Facilitating an excellent experience for Bupa inpatients
- Facilitating communication between hospital staff and Bupa customers and other Bupa teams
- Accurate reporting
- Registered RGN or nurses who were registered and their registration lapsed not more than three years ago (and due to work or life changes). Nurses with lapsed registration will be supported to regain registration
- At least 5 years post qualification experience on a ward and/or within other clinical areas
- Experience across a broad range of clinical specialties is an advantage
- Discharge planning or bed managementexperience highly desirable
- Understanding and knowledge of the treatment pathways specific to the hospital provider
- Ability to navigate around Microsoft Office, and comfortable working with computers
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with both clinical and non-clinical personnel across all levels of an organization.
- Working knowledge of healthcare system and resources.
- Experience working independently and as a team member
Interviews to be held on Friday 23rd March.
For more information about the role please contact Hannah Radford on 07725208712 or email@example.com
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age