Obstetric and Gynaecology Registrar ( RMO )
The Portland Hospital, the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. Our experienced team of almost 600 leading consultants and nursing staff together with outstanding facilities mean our patients receive high quality healthcare in comfortable surroundings.
Patient care is tailored to the individual, and great emphasis is put on safety, high quality clinical care and cleanliness which is one of the reasons why this was recently awarded 'Outstanding' by the CQC.
Situated in central London and part of the HCA Healthcare UK group of award-winning hospitals, The Portland specialises in three areas: Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
We are actively looking to recruit an experienced Obs and Gynae Registrar (RMO) to commit to a minimum of X2, 12 hour shifts per week on a permanent contract.
Rewards: Competitive Salary, Paid Indemnity, Annual Leave, Pension and Private Healthcare Insurance.
We also invest heavily every year in opportunities for our staff’s professional learning and development. Whether it’s enrolling on a leadership course, attending seminars and talks, or simply being one of the first in the UK to utilise new equipment and treatments, you can be sure that your knowledge will continue to advance alongside industry innovations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Review all in patients on at least a daily basis with additional reviews according to clinical need.
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration with the UK GMC
- Obstetric and Gynaecology specialist training experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer database
- Exceptional customer service skill
- Outstanding Team Player