Staff Nurse Adult Surgical
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Adult Acute Surgical Team provides a full range of acute surgical services including neurosurgery (craniotomies, brain tumour debulking), upper and lower GI surgery (oesophagectomy, whipples, abdominal wall reconstructive surgery colostomy and ileostomy formation and reversal, hemicolectomy), complex ENT and maxillofacial surgery (tumour debulking and reconstruction including tracheostomy formation), gynaecology, breast reconstructive surgery (mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction) and liver surgery(hepatectomy). The patient mix consists of adults with a variable level of dependency and provides ITU and HDU step down care.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
The position of Staff Nurse withing the Adult Acute Surgical team will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Surgical Team. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the Surgical Team.
This is a full time position with a rotation of shifts.
Salary range for this role is £31,630-£35,822 per annum depending on experience plus 9% shift allowance
Closing date for applications: 15/03/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing procedures
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Decontamination of equipment and ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
• Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience. • Proven Surgical experience. • Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills. • Good time management and prioritisation skills. • Phlebotomy training desirable.
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times