Senior Staff Nurse-General surgery
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
General Surgery at the Princess Grace Hospital involves a wide range of different surgical procedures performed by leading surgeons in their field of high acuity treatments. General Surgery focuses primarily on abdominal organs (e.g. intestines, oesophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts. It also involves diseases of the skin, breast, soft tissue and hernia.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
As the Senior Staff Nurse, working within a multidisciplinary team in General Surgery, you will plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients. Assisting with the basic needs of the patients, you will deliver pain and drain management and enteral/parenteral feeding. Working closely with the wider team, you will also be involved in consultant rounds and supervise the work of junior members of the team.
Hours: 37.5 pw working Long days/ nights and weekends
Salary: £35,673-£40,401 +9% enhancement (dependent on experience)
closing date for applications: 15/03/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
• To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care to meet patient and family needs.
• Work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for the Sister in their absence.
• Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care and assisting with coaching and development of the team.
• To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives.
• Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy.
Skills & Experience
• Registered General Nurse with some leadership experience.
• Proven surgical nursing experience.
• Ideally experience of dealing with patients who have under gone abdominal surgery
• Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication skills with good time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
About The Individual
As the successful candidate you will be adaptable and able to meet changing caseloads, working independently as well as within the team. You will possess a passion for delivering excellent customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. Excellent English communication is key to the role and you will be personable and approachable to all patient, family and staff.