Staff Nurse Endoscopy
Our Endoscopy Unit has 2 clinical rooms, one recovery with 4 trolleys. We have an Olympus Evis Lucera 260 light source and video processor and 260 series Olympus endoscopes. We have scope Guide and CO2 Insufflator. The department is staffed by a team of dedicated professional nurses, we have 16 consultants operating out of the Unit with us and we undertake diagnostic and therapeutic gastro and colonoscopies, flexible sigmoidoscopies, ERCPs, bronchoscopies and cystoscopies, capsule endoscopies and breath tests for helicobacter pylori.
As well as a great benefits package and excellent career opportunities, we also have a clinical network promoting continued professional development , sharing best practice, holding clinical excellence events, CPD calendar and revalidation support. All nurses will join GIN (gastro intestinal training for nurses) study days and we are working towards JAG accreditation.
Who we're looking for
- Registered Nurse with active NMC Pin
- Experience within Endoscopy or a desire to get into the area
- Team player
- Willingness to provide exceptional care to our patients
- Excellent communication skills
The salary will be between the range of £29,423 - £35,728 depending on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhancing the quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
- Understand the principles of delivering prescribed treatment safely to achieve positive patient outcomes. Within a system of case management, co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patient care and report any variance appropriately.
- Ensure the correct storage and administration of medications in accordance with the hospital policies and NMC Standards for Medicine Management and ensure the safe handling of drug keys at all times.
- Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
Why work for us?
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients