Practice Development Nurse -Cardiology and Medicine Directorate
Practice Development Nurse - Cardiology and Medicine Directorate
This is a full time, 12 month contract opportunity.
Do you have a passion to develop staff and drive quality initiatives? Would you like to work in a hospital where we embrace employee engagement and performance excellence?
This opportunity is a chance for you to really shape the education within the directorate and further develop the service.
The Practice Development Nurse is a key role within the Bupa Cromwell Hospital and critical to maintaining and improving standards of care within the Cardiology & Medicine Directorate. Within this directorate we covers specialities such as Cardiothoracic, Cardiology, Respiratory, Neurosciences, Renal, Dialysis and Angiography.
You will proactively introduce quality improvements within the directorate and share best practice within the hospital. Utilising the findings of incidents, audits, compliments and complaints to comply with the national and speciality specific recommendations for best practice.
We are looking for a highly skilled Nurse who is passionate about professional development and focusing on the patient at all times as the centre of care. You will be enthusiastic with vision and ambition. In return, as well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us and offer a range of benefits, some of which include 25 days holiday (plus a holiday purchase and selling scheme), pension scheme, private medical insurance, free comprehensive BUPA health assessment and life assurance.
Informal visits are very much encouraged, if you would like more information or to arrange a visit with the Lead Nurse Rosie Wilson. Please contact Hannah Radford, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 077 252 08712 or email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
* Evidence competency and training records within the directorate following guidelines.
* Ensuring high standards of clinical practice are maintained and evidenced.
* Initiate and sustain improvements to practice in light of current research, national recommendations and speciality specific developments.
* Contribute to an annual educational strategy and training needs analysis.
Improving the Patient experience
* Ensure the patient remains the focus of care at all times.
* Coordinate the improved quality of the patients journey from pre-admission to follow up discharge phone calls.
* Maintain visible leadership with a balanced patient-facing ratio.
* Reporting and investigation of incidents and complaints and subsequent developments to practice.
* Development and review of contemporary evidence based policies, protocols and risk assessments.
* Provide a progressive learning environment to include creative methods to evidence clinical development.
* Registered Adult Nurse
* Extensive knowledge in Cardiac/ Neuro/ Renal or Dialysis nursing
* Postgraduate qualification /Masters degree or working towards
* ENB Mentorship (or equivalent)
* Evidence of mentoring and development of staff
* Evidence of confidenc teaching large groups
* Evidence of the development of improvements to practice
About The Bupa Cromwell Hospital and Bupa
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com