Clinical Nurse Specialist - Tissue Viability
We will look to you to provide strong clinical leadership in the realm of tissue viability education and nursing care, demonstrating clinical expertise in wound care management.
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers you an environment where we embrace employee engagement and performance excellence. As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us and offer a range of benefits, some of which include 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday), pension scheme, private medical insurance and life assurance.Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the vascular/plastics/general surgery consultants act as a focal point for any queries around patient treatment plans, ensuring best evidenced based practice is delivered to every patient.
- Act as a change agent and innovator promoting effective change strategies in tissue viability in response to research and development.
- Provide clinical advice to nurses, doctors and other clinical professionals throughout the BCH as well as referring practitioners.
- Participate in the development and facilitation of new procedures, techniques, protocols and policies for the BCH tissue viability services.
- Carry out specialist tissue viability procedures for inpatients and outpatients.
- Provide the Clinical Governance assurance framework with information regarding the monitoring of pressure ulcer incidence in the hospital.
- Promote nurse led clinics where appropriate, including, but not limited to the diabetic foot, leg ulcer therapy and complex wounds.
- Maintain accurate up to the minute information about the management of tissue viability and share in the hospital with link nurses.
- Ensure all staff maintain accurate, professional records at all times concerning skin care and wound management.
We're looking for you to have
- Registered General Nurse on Part 1 of NMC Register.
- Working towards the post graduate degree in Tissue Viability would be desirable
- Proven experience in the specialism
- Proven experience caring for patients with complex wounds.
- Assertive, articulate and polite.
- Good written and spoken English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic with the desire to become involved and develop in role.
- Interest in personal development & updating skills.
- Interest in developing managerial competences.
About The Bupa Cromwell Hospital and Bupa
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com