Safeguarding Lead for Health Services
You will provide support and professional guidance to other professionals on all aspects of safeguarding for adults and children including the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprovation of Liberty. Working closely with the Chief Nurse and other designated professionals for safeguarding within Bupa, you will drive improvements in the quality of care for all patients and the safeguarding agenda.
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers you an environment where we embrace employee engagement and performance excellence. As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us and offer a range of benefits, some of which include 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday), pension scheme, private medical insurance and life assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure robust policies, escalation procedures, systems, procedures, professional guidance and training are regularly reviewed, updated and adhered to across the hospital and Health Clinics
- To ensure that the perspective of adults, children and their carers is incorporated into all aspects of clinical care and protection practice.
- Develop and deliver a hospital wide work plan, agreed with the Chief Nurse, to develop the hospital's assurance framework.
- Work closely with the Risk / Governance Lead within the Hospital and Clinics to undertake continual assessment of clinical and organisational risk, and escalating risks and proposals for mitigation in a timely manner to the Executive Team.
- Monitor safeguarding performance and risks within the hospital, maintaining an up to date risk register, review and evaluate mitigating actions in partnership with risk owners.
- Establish effective communication and work collaboratively with other professionals to enhance and improve safeguarding of the welfare of children and adults who may be at risk. Identify, establish and maintain key relationships and links with all relevant stakeholders, understand local needs and influence the shaping and delivery of service changes.
- Participate effectively in the development of new pathways and services, ensuring quality assessments are undertaken around impact, risk and resource implications in order to safeguard vulnerable groups.
- Work effectively with the Executive Team and Service Managers to ensure planning, rollout and delivery of any agreed new service or model of care takes consideration of safeguarding, is appropriately planned, agreed and undertaken in a systematic, safe and effective way.
- Chair /facilitate/participate in clinical and operational meetings to ensure a focus is maintained on safeguarding of children and adults within strategic planning and service delivery.
We're looking for you to have:
- Registered sick children's Nurse
- Educated to Degree Level
- Post registration training in child and adult safeguarding, the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Substantial clinical professional training and experience relating to the care of adults and child protection, the Mental Capacity Act, Prevent.
- Proven experience of reviewing, evaluating and updating safeguarding training programmes, policies, procedures and guidance.
- Knowledge of Data Protection, Human Rights legislation and national guidance on information sharing.
- The post holder will have strong communication skills and be confident in working with other statutory agencies such as local authorities and the police.
- The post holder should be able to challenge poor practice, influence and negotiate with a range of internal and external stakeholders to improve standards and reduce the likelihood of abuse and neglect
About The Bupa Cromwell Hospital and Bupa
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com