BMI Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne, East Sussex is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals and clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly professional care.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will include earlies, lates, weekends and some night duties.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered general nurse Level 1
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards
- Excellent Verbal and written and IT communication skills
- Skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues
- To be well organised and calm
- To follow hospital policies and procedures
- To keep accurate and legible nursing records
- Post-registration experience in surgical field desirable
- To have completed a ‘Back to Nursing’ course if have been out of nursing for more than 5 years
- Experience of private sector desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide individualised safe evidence based patient care, which is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated from admission to discharge
- To continually strive to develop professionally; increasing knowledge, experience and skills and to develop excellent standards of care, supported by research findings.
- To act as a role model for other members of staff and promote the hospital at all times
- To assist in developing and monitoring clinical practice
- To act in a professional manner at all times
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualized patient care
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care, with reference to UKCC standards for records and record keeping.
- Liaise with all members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Provide information to patients, relatives and visitors referring question to other members of the hospital team as appropriate
- Administer and record medications in accordance with hospital policies
- Participate as a member of the ward team and encourage a team approach to patient care
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of standards of care
- Participate in clinical audit and Hospital Quality assurance programme
- Report to Sister in charge or Duty Manager any accidents/incidents verbally and in writing in accordance with hospital policy.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency procedures, attending teaching sessions as scheduled
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors
- Maintain knowledge of Data Protection Act in terms of patients records
- Participate in the hospital appraisal policy
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.