Registered Nurse - Medical Ward
BMI Healthcare is Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse – Medical Ward to join their team of staff in the Epping Ward.
This is a full-time role for 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Sunday, internal rotation
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Registered General Nurse with experience in the acute care setting
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of current issues relating to nursing and health sectors
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a high standard of patient care under the direction of the Ward/Department Sister/Charge Nurse and to supervise junior members of staff
- To be accountable for co-ordinating patient care and the management of delegated areas
- Record observations accurately in accordance with the patients' condition, interpret and inform the nurse in charge and MDT of changes in patient’s status data and respond as directed
- To be competent in clinical skills including enhanced practice relevant to the clinical area or specialty
- Complete patient documentation correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner
- Develop communication skills in order to convey complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events. This includes expanded role responsibilities, following appropriate training
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.