You will build relationships with key stakeholders, supporting the delivery of the Bupa Cromwell Hospital Strategy, and will lead on promotion, growth and development, whilst also being responsible for the day to day delivery of the Paediatric service.
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers you an environment where we embrace employee engagement and performance excellence. As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us and offer a range of benefits, some of which include 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday), pension scheme, private medical insurance and life assurance.
Informal visits are very much encouraged, if you would like more information or to arrange a visit, please contact Louise Tankard on 07850 509 065
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strong leadership acting as a role model for all staff
- Maintain a high profile through daily 'walk abouts' in the clinical departments and regular quality ward/POPD rounds
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in nursing management
- Act as a change agent and innovator, promoting an effective change culture within the nursing, medical and multi professional teams
- Participate in the development and facilitation of new procedures, techniques and protocols for BCH actively supporting business development identifying opportunities when possible.
- Carry out audits to assess the clinical effectiveness of each of the departments and develop tools to improve the quality of the service.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director and other governance team members ensure a robust clinical governance system to assure patients of the highest standard of care acting within an assurance framework
- Develop the Paediatric budget in collaboration with the Finance function, making recommendations regarding revenue and profit opportunities and risks, forecast capital expenditure/equipment requirements, staffing level and skill mix requirements.
- Play a significant role in the safeguarding of children
- Act as the lead for Learning and Disability (LD) across the hospital, working with the Chief Nurse, Health Services Safeguarding Lead, link nurses internally and external agencies as required ensuring the needs of adults as well as children with Learning Disabilities are met whilst in the care of the BCH.
- Establish a culture within the Paediatric Service that ensures consistent compliance with internal policy and external regulatory standards
- Manage direct reports effectively, delegating appropriately and holding them accountable for the delivery of specific objectives and targets, maximising their performance through regular performance coaching and review and reflective practice.
We're looking for you to have
- Registered Paediatric Nurse on Part 8 of NMC Register.
- Current PALS or EPALS certificate or willing to work towards in the first 6 months in post.
- Safeguarding Level 3 / 4
- Management qualification and Teaching and Assessing qualification
- Substantial clinical experience and the ability to function at level required for the post
- Evidence of successfully managing the implementation of change and professional leadership leading to innovation in practice
- Experience of developing clinical business with an obvious commercial awareness.
- Experience in the development of protocols to support best practice
- Experience in complaints management
- Knowledge and experience of CQC regulations and requirements and be able to evidence successful rectification plans implementation.
- Experience in managing budgets, implementing financial controls, putting business cases together.
- Knowledge of HR policies, processes and tools including interviewing, performance coaching and conducting performance reviews
About The Bupa Cromwell Hospital and Bupa
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com