Deputy Clinical Services Manager
BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Deputy Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a department.
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- An appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification desirable
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 desirable
- Experience in anaesthetics, recovery and scrub desirable
- Management qualification desirable
- ILS desirable
Duties of this role include:
- Regularly coordinate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the theatre manager in the management of the theatre team
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- Deputise for the theatre manager.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in HR activities
- Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.