Clinical Services Manager - Outpatients
5 days left
- Job Type
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital - Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. The hospital is based in 18 acres of countryside, with free parking, subsidised restaurant, private medical healthcare after 6 months service.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Registered Nurse with valid NMC registration.
- Leadership skills with experience in a clinical senior post.
- Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- Knowledge of professional codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
- Drivers Licence preferred but no essential
Duties of this role include:
- To provide leadership to Consulting Room Suite (CRS) to ensure professional and clinical standards of excellence.
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing nursing assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
- To help maximise the operational and financial performance of the department, working closely with the senior management team, ED, HoDs and other stakeholders.
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment from all clinical and non-clinical staff.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
- To ensure the department is in line with regulatory compliance including CQC.
- To ensure rotas are produced, reflecting appropriate skill mix to meet patient and consultant demand.
- To manage pathology in line with the TDL and BMI framework ensuring that all aspects of the processes are smooth running.
- To provide leadership and support to the Pre assessment department.
- To be clinical lead for the Outpatient Department – clinic rooms and treatment room.
- Management responsibility for pathology to take responsibility for clinical governance activities associated with these departments.
- Responsible for Clinical Governance activities within the Out Patient Department.
- Responsible for financial / budgetary management / targets including Reform targets.
- To participate in Manager-on-call rota.
- To ensure all staff have completed mandatory training within the required time frame.
- To act as a role model for other staff, identifying problems and their solutions.
- Ensure all staff has performance reviews carried out at least twice per year.
- Ensure new staff are orientated and inducted to the department, hospital and BMI and progress recorded as per policy.
- To make certain that our Consultants, patients and visitors receive excellent care in a friendly, proficient manner.
- To ensure that all departments are staffed correctly.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.