BMI Chiltern Hostpial in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing. Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Studies Registered general l nurse level 1.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. As a skilled member of the nursing team promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care.
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care, with reference to Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) standards for records and record keeping.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Be an advocate for patient care, searching for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered.
- Encouraging the development of research and audit based clinical practice.
- Active participation in customer satisfaction surveys and satisfaction action plans.
- Operate within the scope of 1st level competencies and within the framework of NMC guidelines.
- Act as a change agent to achieve a customer focused service.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.